Switch medication from trazodone to doxepin.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of trazodone to a maximum of 150 mg/day, when this dosage is > 150 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of trazodone to 100 mg/day.
- Day 3: reduce dosage of trazodone to 50 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of trazodone.
- No wash-out period is needed.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of doxepin in a dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of trazodone and continue administration of doxepin in a dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Start low, go slow.
- The content of trazodone in the tablet, for example 100 mg or 150 mg, determines which exact doses are given.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.