- Day 1: Decrease with about 25% of original dose every 3-4 days
Caution is necessary.
- Day 1: start administration of maprotiline in a low dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day Stop paroxetine: increase administration of maprotiline to a dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Paroxetine slows the metabolism of maprotiline via CYP2D6.
- Due to CYP inhibition a longer period of time is needed to reach steady state concentration. Please keep in mind when monitoring plasma levels
- Plasma monitoring for TCA's is advisable, because of plasma-reponse relations, genetic polymorphism and under or overdosing.
- Switches are based on literature references on this page and expert opinions of the authors. The authors have used pharmacokinetic and receptor affinity properties to determine the switch schedules
- Stahl, S. M. (2013). Stahl's essential psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific basis and practical applications (4th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- (dutch) monografie.org tricyclische-antidepressiva
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.