Switch medication from nortriptyline to sertraline.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of nortriptyline to a maximum of 100 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of nortriptyline to 50 mg/day.
- Day 3: reduce dosage of nortriptyline to 25 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of nortriptyline.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of sertraline in a normal dosage of 50 mg/day.
- Day 8: stop administration of nortriptyline and continue administration of sertraline in a dosage of 50-100 mg/day.
- Sertraline is a weak inhibitor of CYP2D6, which metabolizes nortriptyline.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.