Switch medication from doxepin to agomelatine.
- Before day 1: gradually reduce dosage of doxepin to a maximum of 100 mg/day, when this dosage is > 100 mg/day.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of doxepin to 50 mg/day.
- Day 8: reduce dosage of doxepin to 25 mg/day.
- Day 15: stop administration of doxepin.
- Day 1: simultaneously start administration of agomelatine in a dosage of 25 mg/day.
- Day 15: only continue administration of agomelatine. If necessary, increase dosage of agomelatine to 50 mg/day.
- ↑ 1.01.11.21.31.4 KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "doxepine" (Dutch)
- ↑ NVZA; Toxicology.org; Monografie 63 (dutch)
- ↑ McAllister-Williams RH et al. The use of antidepressants in clinical practice: focus on agomelatine. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2010 Mar 1;25(2):95-102
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.