Adding gabapentin to olanzapine.
- Olanzapine is principally metabolized by CYP1A2 and CYP2D6.
- Gabapentin is eliminated unchanged by the kidney for 100%.
- This combination of drugs may have possible synergistic effects. There are no reports for pharmacokinetic drug interactions. However, the combination will have additional side effects.
- Start gabapentine according to the general dosing advice.
- Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects. 
- ↑ 1.01.11.21.3 KNMP; Informatorium Medicamentorum 2015; Monografie "olanzapine" (Dutch)
- ↑ Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas; Toxicologie (dutch)
- ↑ Woods SW Chlorpromazine equivalent doses for the newer atypical antipsychotics; J Clin Psychiatry 2003;64:663-667
- ↑ Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas - gabapentine (dutch)
- ↑ Interactions between olanzapine and gabapentin on drugs.com
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.