Adding aripiprazole to lithium.
- Lithium is eliminated by the kidney for about 95%. Changes in the rate of excretion can cause unwanted effects.
- Aripiprazole is metabolized by CYP2D6 and CYP3A4 to an active metabolite.
- This combination may have additive side effects.
- Start aripiprazole according to the general dosing advice.
- The concomitant administration of lithium with neuroleptic agents may increase the risk of extrapyramidal reactions and neurotoxicity.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.