Adding topiramate to lamotrigine.
- Lamotrigine is principally metabolised by UDP-glucuronosyltransferases.
- Topiramate induces CYP3A4 and is an inhibitor of CYP2C19.
- This combination of drugs may have possible synergistic effects. However, this combination will also have additive side effects. Dose adaptation will be recommended for this combination.
- Topiramate does not cause a significant change in lamotrigine levels.  Start topiramate according to the general dosing advice.
- ↑ Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas; Toxicologie (dutch)
↑ 2.02.12.2 Farmacotherapeutisch Kompas - lamotrigine (dutch)
Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "ftk" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "ftk" defined multiple times with different content
- ↑ Drugs.com lamotrigine
- ↑ Berry at al, Lack of an effect of topiramate on lamotrigine serum concentrations. Epilepsia 2002;43(8):818-23
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.