Switch medication from citalopram to bupropion.
- Day 1: reduce dosage of citalopram to a maximum of 20 mg/day
- Day 8: reduce dosage of citalopram to 10 mg/day
- Day 15: stop citalopram
- Day 16: start bupropion in a normal dosage of 150 mg/day.
- Day 23: if necessary gradually increase the dosage of bupropion to target dose.
- The reduction of the SSRI doses in 7-14 days could cause emotional instability, headache and flu-like symptoms. One could extend this period.
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.