Switch medication from agomelatine to imipramine.
- Day 1: Stop agomelatine.
- Agomelatine can be stopped abruptly for every dosage.
- Day 2: Start administration of imipramine in a dosage of 25-75 mg/day.
- If necessary, gradually increase the dose with about 25% of the target dose every 3 days.
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring of imipramine is useful, especially during the build up phase. Blood sampling is possible when reaching a steady state with the same dose after one week.
- A wash-out period is not necessary.
- ↑ Switches are based on literature references on this page and expert opinions of the authors. The authors have used pharmacokinetic and receptor affinity properties to determine the switch schedules
- ↑ Stahl, S. M. (2013). Stahl's essential psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific basis and practical applications (4th ed.). Cambridge University Press.
- ↑ McAllister-Williams RH et al. The use of antidepressants in clinical practice: focus on agomelatine. Hum Psychopharmacol. 2010 Mar 1;25(2):95-102
The editors of psychiatrienet.nl take the greatest care to provide up-to-date and accurate information on this site. Nevertheless, mistakes and omissions cannot be entirely excluded. No rights devolve from the information provided. The editors and other providers of information to this site accept no responsibility for the content of this site or for the information provided therein; neither do they accept responsibility for possible damages which may derive from the use of the information on this site or from the linked sites. The editorial board accepts no responsibility for the content of the (linked) sites, for access to them, or for the products and services on these sites, nor for the occurrence of errors, viruses, and/or disruptions in service.